Experience a Winter Championship – California Style
Saturday February 8th, 2020 – Arcadia HS
How to qualify to compete at the 2020 CA Winter Championships:
- Compete at one of the official ‘Qualifier Meets’ listed below. Entry fee is required.
- Achieve a qualifying performance mark (listed below) at one of the official Qualifier Meets.
- Sign up and pay a separate $25 entry fee AT YOUR QUALIFIER MEET for the California Winter Championships meet finals. Upon completing this step, you will be given a “Golden Bib.”
- Retain your Golden Bib – this is your entry ticket into the CA Winter Championships on Feb. 8!
Admission into a Qualifier meet:
- Arrive early to avoid long lines and wait times.
- Each athlete MUST fill out a form/waiver and pay the $12 admission fee for that Qualifier meet.
- Athletes will be given a unique meet bib to identify them at that Qualifier meet only.
- Athletes not wearing their unique bib will not be allowed to compete at that Qualifier meet.
- All athletes will compete unattached at all Qualifier meets.
- Team names aren’t needed until athletes qualify/register for the CA Winter Championships.
LIST OF QUALIFYING MEETS
ORDER OF EVENTS
– A rolling time schedule will be used for all events; athletes must follow the progress of the meet
– In all track events, athletes are limited to one (1) attempt per event at each Qualifier they attend.
Athletes must achieve the minimum qualifying standard (see chart below) at one of the Qualifier Meets. Winning your event does not automatically qualify you for the CA Winter Champs. You must also meet the minimum standard below. Relay members must be from the same High School – NO ALL-STAR TEAMS!!
- For the Weight Throw & the 150m dash, email firstname.lastname@example.org by 2/1 for entry consideration.
- For the Pentathlon, email email@example.com by 2/1 for entry consideration.
Registering for the Winter Championships Finals: (This can ONLY be done at the Qualifiers! — No late entries will be accepted.)
- There will be a sign-up table at each Qualifier meet for athletes that hit the qualifying mark into the Winter Championships (which are on Feb. 8th at Arcadia High School)
- All registrations for the Feb. 8 Finals meet must be done at your Qualifier meet only. No late sign-ups will be allowed at the Winter Championships Final. No late registrations accepted!
- The entry fee to compete at the Winter Championships meet is $25 per athlete and must be paid at your Qualifier meet only. This fee covers all the events that the athlete qualifies for into the Finals.
- Cash is preferred – Checks can be made payable to: Athletics Management
- Upon paying the $25 fee and registering for the Finals, you will be given a Golden Bib – Save this bib and bring it with you to the Winter Championships Finals on Feb. 8th. This bib is your proof-of-payment receipt & also your ticket into the CA Winter Championships at Arcadia HS!
- Again, NO late registrations will be There are no refunds.
Process for reporting any improvements in your qualifying marks:
- The events at the February 8th Finals will be seeded based on marks achieved at Qualifier meets. Seed marks can only be achieved at an official Qualifier meet.
- If you attend an additional Qualifier meet and further improve your mark, you must report that improvement within 24 hours of the end of that Qualifier meet in order for that improvement mark to be considered for seeding.
- Email improvements to Don Turnbull at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, your assigned “Golden Bib” number, and a link to the official results of your improved performance.
Additional Rules / Regulations for the 2020 CA Winter Championships
- Athletes compete unattached; however, all relays MUST be comprised from individuals attending the same high school.
- Participating athletes must bring two (2) signed waivers to the Winter Championships Finals on February 8th. These waivers will be posted online when final entries are released on Feb. 3rd.
- Teams consisting of athletes from multiple high schools will be disqualified
- (No All-Star Teams!)